01/04/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/04/2019 13:59
Broadcast time: 14:47
Friday, January 4, 2019
Case #: 2019-1512
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance in locating a man wanted in an Attempt Murder investigation.
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at approximately 5:10 a.m., officers responded to a shooting at an after-hours club in the area of Oakwood Avenue and Vaughan Road .
It is reported that:
- police arrived on scene and located a man suffering from a gunshot wound
- the man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
A warrant has been issued for Leo Soloman Martin, 28, of Toronto. He is wanted for:
1. Attempt Murder
2. Use Firearm to Commit an Indictable Offence
3. Discharge Firearm With Intent to Wound, Endanger Life
4. Point a Firearm
5. Possessing a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
5. Fail to Comply with a Recognizance
He is considered to be violent, armed and dangerous. If seen, do not approach, immediately call 9-1-1. Investigators would like to caution the public that is a criminal offence to assist Leo Soloman Martin at the time of the offence, or afterwards, to evade arrest.
The Toronto Police Service is aware that numerous witnesses were present at the time of the shooting and urge them to come forward and contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.