12/03/2021 | News release | Distributed by Public on 12/03/2021 10:07
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) - Atlanta is the pearl of the baseball world. And the treasures from the Braves' epic World Series victory are now on exhibit in Cooperstown.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will celebrate the Braves' 2021 World Series championship through Autumn Glory, the Museum's tribute to the postseason in Cooperstown. The display honoring the 2021 champions is now open, and entrance to Autumn Glory is included with Museum admission.
Following Atlanta's World Series-clinching win on Nov. 2, the Museum acquired several artifacts from the Braves, who notched the franchise's fourth Fall Classic crown with their victory over the Houston Astros in the 117th World Series. Artifacts donated by the Braves and featured in the exhibit celebrating the 2021 postseason include:
- The pearl necklace worn by Braves outfielder Joc Pederson during the postseason
- Spikes worn by Braves Game 6 starter Max Fried, who pitched six shutout innings to earn the victory
- Batting helmet worn by World Series MVP Jorge Soler
- Bat used by Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman in Game 6 when he doubled and homered
- Glove used by NLCS MVP Eddie Rosario
- Cap worn by Braves Game 3 starter Ian Anderson, who did not allow a hit over five innings, and a ball he threw during that game
- Spikes worn in Game 6 by Braves reliever Will Smith, who did not allow a run in 11 Postseason appearances
- Cap worn in Game 6 by Braves shortstop Dansby Swanson
- Jersey worn in Game 1 by Braves manager Brian Snitker
Additional artifacts from the 2021 postseason that will be part of Autumn Glory include:
- Cap worn by Astros manager Dusty Baker during the regular season
- Batting helmet worn by ALCS MVP Yordan Álvarez during the postseason
The Game 1 stolen base by the Braves' Ozzie Albies is now on display in the Braves' locker within the Museum's Your Team Today exhibit. To commemorate the 10th year of the "Steal a Base Steal a Taco" promotion, the Hall of Fame has partnered with Taco Bell® to bring the stolen base to Cooperstown.
The 2021 World Series exhibit in Autumn Glory will be on display through the conclusion of the 2022 Major League Baseball postseason.
In 2022, the Museum will continue its salute to the Braves World Championship of 2021 with special programming to be announced in the spring.
The Museum collections contain many artifacts documenting the entire history of World Series and postseason play, including Don Larsen's cap and Yogi Berra's mitt from Larsen's 1956 perfect game; Joe Carter's bat from his Series-ending blast in 1993; the jersey David Freese wore when he hit his game-winning home run in Game 6 in 2011; and World Series rings from the last century of Fall Classic competition.