09/13/2017 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 09/13/2017 17:18
(Woodland, CA) - The Yolo County Library invites the community to attend the second presentation in the 'LEST WE FORGET' series. This four part series, which began earlier this year, reveals the story of Yolo County during World War I. Now residents are encouraged to experience part two, entitled 'In it for the Long Haul'.
The following programs are free to attend and will showcase that location's community and their response and aid in the 'Great War.'
• October 4: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Yolo Branch Library, located at 37750 Sacramento Street in Yolo
• October 7: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Arthur F. Turner Community Library, located at 1212 Merkley Avenue in West Sacramento
• October 10: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Knights Landing Branch Library, located at 42351 Third Street in Knights Landing
• October 19: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto
• October 25: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, located at 315 E. 14th Street in Davis
• November 2: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Woodland Public Library, located at 300 First Street in Woodland
• November 4: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Clarksburg Branch Library, located at 52915 Netherlands Avenue in Clarksburg
• November 9: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Winters Community Library, located at 708 Railroad Avenue in Winters
In part two of the series, the presentations focus locally on how Yolo County's 'boys' were disbursed throughout the nation for training, the need for constant fundraising, and the formation of ultra-patriotic groups. On the military front, the presentations will follow the soldiers and sailors, the troops overseas, and Yolo County's very first casualties.
This series is supported by the Yolo County Library, the Yolo County Archives and the Friends of the Yolo County Archives. The Yolo County Library encourages community memory and champions the local rich history of Yolo County. For more information about this series, contact Mel Russell at: [email protected]. For more information on the Yolo County Library, visit www.yolocountylibrary.org or connect with the library on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.