06/11/2018 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 06/11/2018 21:22
Press Release - June 11, 2018
'This auction is chock-full of elite and drinking-class wines for buyers of every level,' Heritage Auctions Fine & Rare Wine Director Frank Martell said. 'With just over 1,600 lots, tallying a noteworthy $2.7 million on the low estimate, this is one of our strongest offerings to date.'
'Many of the lots in in this auction are approaching or in their peak window of maturity, which makes for some very happy bidding!'
The most valuable collection in the sale includes 164 lots, which is no surprise considering the group features many of the hottest names in burgundy, including Rosseau, Vogue, Bachelet, DRC, Dujac, Roumier, Truchot, Mugnier and Leroy.
Another collection, which encompasses 219 lots, is a diverse and highly curated group that touches upon almost all of the most important growing regions in the world, while the third collection boasts the highest value per lot since Heritage Auctions sold The Romulus Collection in 2017.
Among those vying for top-lot honors will be:
• Krug Vintage Champagne 1964 Collection Magnum (5) (est. $30,000-40,000)
• La Tache 2005 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (6) (est. $24,000-32,500)
• Krug Vintage Champagne 1971 Collection Magnum (4) (est. $24,000-32,500)
• La Tache 2005 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (5) (est. $20,000-28,000)
Other top lots include, but are not limited to:
• Romanee Conti 2004 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (2) : est. $22,000-30,000
• Chambertin 1999 A. Rousseau Bottle (9): est. $22,000-30,000
• La Tache 1999 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (4): est. $19,000-26,000• Chateau Haut Brion 1989 Pessac-Leognan Half-Bottle (24)< /a>: $16,000-21,000• Romanee Conti 2005 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (1) : est. $15,000-20,000