10/30/2020 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 10/29/2020 01:11
The Samuel J. Friedman Health Center for the Performing Arts, 729 7th Avenue, 12th Floor , New York, NY 10019 - By Appointment Only
When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.Appointments are Required
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
Friday, Oct. 30, 2020
Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020
About Actors Funds' Free Flu Shot Days
New for 2020, free flu shot days are for uninsured members of the entertainment community and appointments are required. If you are insured, free flu shots can be obtained at your doctor's office - including the Friedman Health Center for the Performing Arts - or a local pharmacy. Please call ahead to make sure they are available and that they accept your insurance.
Type of shot: standard, quadrivalent, mercury-free. The Actors Fund regrets they are unable to provide flu shots for seniors at this time. If you are an uninsured senior (i.e. not on Medicare, Medicaid, or union/job based coverage), please contact [email protected].
Please Note the Following Guidelines:
1. You must wear a mask to get vaccinated.
2. Social distancing will be maintained and required the entire time.
3. Please wear clothes that will allow you to get your arm in and out easily for vaccination.
4. Temperature testing will be performed, and anyone with a fever will not be allowed to receive a vaccination.
5. Please show up on time for your scheduled time slot, not before and not after. This is to allow for adequate social distancing, and to reduce wait times of people congregating.
6. There will be no walk-in appointments. Please click here to make an appointment.
If you are uninsured and unable to attend on one of these dates, please visit https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/immunization-clinics.page for information on where to find a free flu shot nearest you.
The Actors Fund salutes the commitment and generosity of the SAG-AFTRA Motion Picture Players Welfare Fund as a founding donor of The Friedman Health Center, in recognition of their continued support of the health and well-being of the performing arts and entertainment community. To learn more about the SAG-AFTRA Motion Picture Players Welfare Fund, please visit: SAGAFTRA.org/mppwf
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.