01/21/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 01/21/2020 08:38
University of Toledo freshman Jacob Harris placed sixth with a time of 27:16.7 at the USA Track & Field Junior Cross Country Championships Saturday in San Diego.
'Jacob came and accomplished his goal, which was to get into the top-six and make the U.S. Junior Team,' said Assistant Coach Nick Stenuf. 'Considering he has been hurt for the past month with a nagging Achilles injury, this shows how strong and talented he is. To have a 'bad' race and to still execute the plan and make it is phenomenal. He also fell mid-race and got up. He is definitely a competitor.'
Jacob Harris placed sixth at the USA Track & Field Junior Cross Country Championships and qualified for a spot on the U.S. Junior Team for the 2020 Pan Am Cross Country Championships.
USA Track & Field Junior Cross Country Championships
1. Corey Gorgas from Northern Arizona - 25:44.8
2. Evan Bishop from East Grand Rapids, Mich. - 26:21.6
3. Bridger Altice from Utah St. - 26:38.2
4. Alex Comerford from Syracuse - 26:40.7
5. Gabe Simonsen from Mustang, Okla. - 27:14.8
6. Jacob Harris from Toledo - 27:16.7
7. Javien Hale from New Town, N.D. - 27:39.6
8. Lucas Chung from St. Mary's, Calif. - 27:53.0
9. Daniel Beam from Rio Rancho, N.M. - 28:02.5
10. Deshawn Goodwin from Wings of America - 28:10.5