01/03/2018 | News release | Distributed by Public on 01/03/2018 18:07
Game 14: GEORGIA STATE (4-9) vs. LITTLE ROCK (5-8)
Jan. 4, 5 p.m.
GSU Sports Arena | Atlanta, Ga.
Television: ESPN3 | Radio: 1340 The Fan 3 / 103.7 FM
• Georgia State continues Sun Belt play Thursday at home as the Little Rock Trojans travel to Atlanta.
• Georgia State lost a nailbiter last weekend in Troy, falling to Troy 90-86 to fall to 0-2 in the Sun Belt.
• GSU's one win against Little Rock came at the GSU Sports Arena back on Jan. 18, 2014.
• Georgia State made a school record 12 3-pointers Sunday at Troy, led by Janessa Murphy who made seven long-range baskets in just nine attempts.
• Kierra Henry finished with nine points Friday in Mobile, snapping her streak of 10 straight games with double-digit points.
• Kierra Henry scored 28 points Sunday at Troy. It was the most points scored by a Panther since Kelcey Roegiers scored 33 in 2007.• Junior Kierra Henry leads Georgia State in points (197) and assists (54). Shay Fluker is the leading rebounder with 63.
• Georgia State is shooting an impressive 76.2% from the free throw line this season which ranks 10th in NCAA D-I. Kierra Henry leads the team at 86.7% (min. 14 att).
• The Panthers had a challenging start to the season, facing Florida, No. 4 Mississippi State and Georgia Tech on the road for the first three games.