07/29/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 07/29/2020 10:43
We are now accepting applications for Environment Oregon fall interns! This fall will look a little different than our typical internship, with all work being done remotely and adhering to strict social distancing guidelines. But one thing remains the same: interns will still have an opportunity to make a big difference on our campaigns.
The Environment Oregon internship is designed to help train the next generation of environmental leaders by instilling the skills, ethics, and drive it takes to win campaigns. We are looking for people who work hard, communicate effectively, and are dedicated to positive social change; responsibilities include grassroots organizing, media outreach and organization building. Interns will have the opportunity to develop and execute campaign strategies for winning critical parts of our state-wide efforts.
Fall 2020 Interns will work on one of our campaigns:
Specific responsibilities include:
1) Identifying and organizing businesses, local leaders, and citizens to promote environmental protections
2) Media outreach: Assist in organizing a press event and writing letters to local papers
3) Collecting petitions, running activist phone-banks, and using our network to put pressure on local leaders directly
1) News Watch: Track media for stories and opinion pieces relevant to our campaign and organization
2) Maintaining reports on local political climate, researching opportunities for environmental progress
3) Administrative: Help ensure the office and organization continue to run efficiently
Interns must work a minimum of 10 hours per week for at least 10 weeks on a regular schedule, as determined at the beginning of the term. All work will be remote and adhere to social distancing guidelines. Interns must be on time and prepared. They must be able to work independently. This is an unpaid internship; it may be completed for college credit. Send resume & cover letter to Environment Oregon State Director Celeste Meiffren-Swango at [email protected].