07/01/2019 | News release | Distributed by Public on 07/01/2019 08:45
Date Signed: 7/1/2019
MARADMINS Number: 359/19
R 271820Z JUN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY19 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) ACADEMY FACULTY ADVISOR AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPER BILLET VACANCIES BOARD NUMBER 2//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF B IS SECNAV M-5510.30 PERSONNEL SECURITY PROGRAM//
POC/P.A. TURNER/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: [email protected]//
POC/K.A. HOFFMAN/CAPT/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-432-9335/EMAIL: [email protected]//
POC/J.L. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/SNCO ACADEMY MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: [email protected]//
POC/E.E. CAYSON/SGTMAJ/CEME/TEL: 703-432-4793/EMAIL: [email protected]//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the billet vacancies for the FY19 SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer duties, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. The FY19 SNCO Academy selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies of Marine Corps SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer billets based on a recent review of the SNCO Academies listed below.
2.a. The FY19 SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 9 September 2019. The results will be published via MARADMIN.
2.c. All Curriculum Developer vacancies are located in Quantico, VA.
2.d. The Marines order of preference contained in the application will be considered by the SNCO Academy Board. However, a Marine must be willing to accept assignment to any SNCO Academy vacancy listed in this MARADMIN.
3. Tour Length. The normal tour length for a Faculty Advisor or a Curriculum Developer is 24 - 36 months, at the discretion of CMC (MMEA), in accordance with reference (a).
4. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for the SNCOA duty must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. All Staff Sergeants through Master Gunnery Sergeants are eligible for SNCO Academy duty.
4.b. Marines must have completed required resident PME for current grade. Bachelors or Associates degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses are preferred, but not required.
4.c. Marines must have a current security clearance eligibility in accordance with reference (b) (e.g. NACLC completed within 10 years).
4.d. Marines must meet height and weight standards or be within body fat percentage limits.
4.e. Marines must have an updated official photo in their Official Military Personnel File.
4.f. Marines must conduct an interview with the local SNCO Academy Director prior to application submission. If Marines are not located within the local area of one of the Academies the interview can be conducted remotely at the discretion of Enlisted Professional Military Education Headquarters.
5. Application Contents. Marines completed Applications will be submitted prior to the submission deadline of 30 August 2019 and contain the following:
5.a. EPME SNCO Academy Faculty Screening Checklist with Commanding Officer endorsement, located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.usmcu.edu/epme/snco-academies/quantico.
5.b. Security Clearance Eligibility Letter from Command Security Manager.
6. No later than the submission date, Marines seeking to apply for this duty will fill out the survey and upload their completed application to: https:(slash)(slash)surveys.max.gov/index.php/35498?lang=en.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//