02/14/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 02/14/2020 21:43
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- and moved up Kutztown University women's indoor track & field top 10 lists, while Abigial Zeger was a new entry in the pole vault Friday night during the Fastrack National Invitational at Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex.
Lumsden continued her strong rookie season with a new personal best of 36'9.75' (11.22m) in the triple jump, moving up from eighth to sixth on KU's indoor top 10 in the process. The Macungie native's new top jump was more than a half foot further than her previous best and the seventh best in the PSAC this season.
For the second time in as many attempts, Wiemken set a PR in the 800-meter run invite. The junior ran to a fourth-place finish in a time of 2:17.83, picking up better than a second from her former PR, which came just two weeks ago in the Bison Open & Multi at Bucknell. Wiemken's time moved her up a spot to eighth on KU's indoor top 10. Sophomore won her section of the 800m invite and joined her teammate in the top 10 of the event at the meet with a personal best 2:21.93.
Zeger won the pole vault and recorded KU's ninth-highest clearance all-time at 11'3.75' (3.45m), a new PR. She came into the meet with the 11th best mark in the PSAC this season, but Friday's effort moved her into a tie for third. Fellow vaulter competed in the invite section of the event and once again surpassed a NCAA provisional clearance with a best of 11'9.75' (3.60m). Tama placed fourth in her section behind a trio of Division I competitors.
On the night, Kutztown had 10 student-athletes reach PSAC standards, though all had previously qualified. Six Golden Bears set personal bests in their respective events.
was a top-five finisher in the 60m hurdles invite, taking fifth in 9.08. Redshirt senior registered the sixth-fastest time in the 400m invite with a 57.87, while placed sixth in the shot put (40'1.25'/12.22m).
took eighth in the high jump with a PSAC existing clearance of 4'11' (1.50m) and secured the ninth-quickest time in the 3000m with a PR of 10:53.76. finished fourth in the college section of the pole vault, clearing 10'6' (3.20m).
The Golden Bears close out the regular season with the Kutztown Last Chance Qualifier next Friday at O'Pake Fieldhouse.
60H Invite Prelim
6. Solt - 9.16q, PSAC-existing
60H Invite Final
5. Solt - 9.08
60m Invite Prelim
16. Groth - 8.11
13. Groth, 26.26 (26.251)
20. Solt - 27.08, personal-best
400m Invite Prelim
6. Forsythe - 57.87, PSAC-existing
4. Wiemken - 2:17.83, PSAC-existing, personal-best, eighth all-time at KU
7. Montanari - 2:21.93, PSAC-existing, personal-best
30. Mayers - 2:32.24
9. O'Connor - 10:53.76, personal-best
21. Smyth - 11:08.45
Groth, Forsythe, Wiemken, Montanari
8. Miller - 4'11' (1.50m), PSAC-existing
11. Hemingway - 16'11.5' (5.17m), PSAC-existing
6. Boshoff - 40'1.25' (12.22m), PSAC-existing
Pole Vault Invite
4. Tama - 11'9.75' (3.60m), NCAA Provisional
1. Zeger - 11'3.75' (3.45m), PSAC-existing, personal-best, ninth all-time at KU
4. Silverman - 10'6' (3.20m), PSAC-existing
11. Boshoff - 47'2.25' (14.38m), PSAC-existing
23. Schweitzer - 40'6' (12.34m)
10. Lumsden - 36'9.75' (11.22m), PSAC-existing, personal-best, sixth all-time at KU