10/18/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 10/18/2020 03:50
The Japanese rider sat over two tenths clear of Viñales in MotoGP™ Warm Up
Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) was fastest in MotoGP™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio Michelin® de Aragon, the Japanese star setting a 1:48.651 to sit 0.219 clear of Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP). Team Suzuki Ecstar's Alex Rins completed the top three ahead of yet another crucial premier class battle in 2020.
COMING UP: Quartararo, wounded warrior unfazed in Aragon 17/10/2020
The latest incredible 2020 MotoGP™ showdown is coming up this afternoon as title tensions start to rise
After pocketing his best MotoGP™ qualifying result on Saturday afternoon, Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) was fourth quickest in Warm Up, 0.039 faster than Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar). Polesitter and Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) finished P6 as tensions start to rise in the chase for the 2020 crown.
Don't forget, the MotoGP™ race kicks off at 15:00 local time (GMT+2) at MotorLand Aragon, and it's shaping up to be a cracker - tune in!
FREE! Gladiatorial efforts in the fight for Aragon pole 17/10/2020
Enjoy the final five minutes of a tense qualifying at MotorLand Aragon with Fabio Quartararo taking a perfect tenth pole position
1. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) - 1:48.651
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.219
3. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.332
4. Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.359
5. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.398
6. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.402
7. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.458
8. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 0.522
9. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.650
10. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.809