11/07/2018 | News release | Distributed by Public on 11/07/2018 05:09
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Based: British Judo Centre of Excellence, Walsall Campus
Salary: £30,000 p.a
Hours: 37 hours per week
The British Judo Association (BJA) is a dynamic, proactive organisation. Working with our partners in high performance sport we aim to achieve sustained international success for British Judo through the delivery of world class, integrated and innovative services.
In 2012 we saw the most successful British Judo performance at an Olympic Games this century, creating a springboard for even greater performances across the Rio and Tokyo Olympic cycles. Contributing to this success, and behind every medal winning athlete, can be found a world class support team - all focused on the achievement of medal winning margins. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the elite athletes we support, have the drive, passion and commitment to be the best you can be.
The British Judo Association World Class Performance Programme (WCPP) are seeking to appoint a fulltime Chartered Physiotherapist to join the Science and Medicine team based at the Centre of Excellence, Walsall. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has experience of working in a multi-disciplinary high-performance environment. The ability to be flexible, both in terms of working practice and hours, is essential and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the desire and capability to be an excellent team player.
Reporting to the Lead Physiotherapist, the role will involve:
• Delivery and development of the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation service for British Judo World Class Programme athletes.
• Having a focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation and will have a significant emphasis on a multi-disciplinary approach to strength and conditioning.
• The delivery of the Physiotherapy service from identified locations and at international training camps with the requirement to work flexible hours.
• Being an integrated member of the Sports Science and Medical and wider Performance team based in Walsall.
To be considered for the role, you must meet the following criteria:
• A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy.
• Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
• Considerable experience in the provision of physiotherapy services to athletes and coaches which should include work with high performance teams or squads.
British Judo is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all suitably qualified persons are encouraged.
How to apply:
Applications should be made by providing a completed Application Form and covering letter outlining how you would achieve success in the role, together with an Equal Opportunities form emailed to [email protected]
If you have any questions regarding this post, please contact David Hart, Lead Physiotherapist 07834 161208
Closing date: Monday 26 November 2018 @ 1 pm (GMT).
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 3 December 2018 (Walsall).
Applicant must have the right to live and work in the UK.