10/23/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 10/23/2019 10:14
Sponsored edition of 'Top Docs Radio' addresses hemp, CBD & medical cannabis
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia's (MAG) 'Top Docs Radio' show is sponsored by GA Xtracts', and it addresses industrial hemp, CBD, and medical cannabis.
The program features John Morgan, M.D., who serves on the Pharmaceutical Oversight Committee of GA Xtracts' Board of Directors. He discusses…
- GA Xtracts
- The difference between industrial hemp and medical cannabis
- The difference between CBD that's made from industrial hemp and cannabis
- The pharmacology and spectrum of CBD products
- Whether every CBD manufacturer tests its products for safety
- What physicians need to know about CBD
- How CBD is connected to the U.S. 'Farm Bill' of 2018
- The industrial hemp bill that passed in Georgia in 2019
- FDA's stance on CBD
- The regulatory climate for CBD - and where he sees it going
- What action he'd like to see Georgia lawmakers take
Dr. Morgan was the co-founder and chief medical officer of CarePlus. He has 20 years of clinical, academic, and administrative experience within the health care industry. Dr. Morgan has worked as the medical director at St. Mary's Center for Rehabilitative Medicine in Athens since 2008. He has served as a hospitalist and attending physician at University Hospital in Charlotte and DeKalb Medical Center. He was also the founding partner and president of Advanced Hospitalist Solutions, Walton Hospitalist Solutions, and Barrow Inpatient Services. And Dr. Morgan has been an adjunct clinical professor at the University of Georgia School of Pharmacy. He has a medical degree from the Emory University School of Medicine.
GA Xtracts wants to 'empower people to manage their health with natural and safe products. [It] believes in pharmaceutical style processes and approaches to industrial hemp and the extraction of the exciting molecules found inside this amazing plant.' Go to www.gaxtracts.comfor more information on GA Xtracts.
Between downloads and live listeners, the 'Top Docs Radio' show - which won an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award in 2019 - has now reached more than 650,000 listeners and viewers, which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
The 'Top Docs Radio' show is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.