02/16/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 02/16/2020 16:44
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State travels to No. 3 Kansas in search of its first road win of the season on Monday evening.
The Matchup: Iowa State (11-14, 4-8 Big 12) vs. No. 3 Kansas (22-3, 11-1 Big 12)
Where: Lawrence, Kan. - Allen Fieldhouse (16,300)
When: Monday, Feb. 17, 8 p.m. (CST)
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/TuneIn Radio
Talent: (PxP), Eric Heft (Analyst)
Talent: Bob Wischusen (PxP), Fran Fraschilla (Analyst), Holly Rowe (Reporter)
Sirius/XM/Internet: NA/382/972 (internet)
Live Stats: Cyclonestats.com
1. Iowa State faces its ninth ranked opponent of the season as it closes out the regular season series with Kansas on Big Monday.
2. collected the 198th win of his coaching career Saturday when the Cyclones defeated Texas at Hilton Coliseum...17 of Prohm's wins have come against top-25 teams, including five road wins against ranked foes.
3. needs just 88 points to reach 1,000 in his college career.
4. is averaging 12.7 points and has reached double figures in six of the last eight games.
5. is averaging 12.0 points and 5.3 rebounds the last three games.
LAST TIME OUT - CYCLONES ROUT LONGHORNS
• Iowa State never trailed as it rolled to a 29-point win against Texas (81-52) Saturday afternoon at Hilton Coliseum...it was the largest margin of victory in the series.
• The Cyclones held Texas to just 29.3 percent shooting, the lowest by a Cyclone opponent since 2017...ISU had a 40-27 edge on the glass.
• ISU was led by a season-high 21 point-13 rebound performance from ...Nixon scored a season-high 17 points.
IOWA STATE-KANSAS SERIES NOTES
• Iowa State and Kansas are meeting for the 250th time in series history...it is the longest running series for ISU, dating back to 1908...KU owns a 182-67 edge in the all-time series...KU leads 94-16 in games played in Lawrence...the Cyclones' last win on the road in the series came in 2017, a 92-89 overtime thriller in which Kansas led by as many as 15 in the first half before ISU's school-record 18 threes got them back into the game.
• The Cyclones suffered a lopsided 79-53 loss to the Jayhawks at home on Jan. 8...Bolton (12) and Jacobson (10) were the only Cyclones in double figures, while Kansas had four players reach double digits, led by Dotson's 20 points...KU shot 51.9 percent from the field and 10-for-19 behind the arc.
• In four game against KU, averaged 9.8 points and shot 54.2 percent from the field (13-24) and 50 percent behind the arc (9-18)...while playing for ISU, Jacobson has averaged 11.3 points and shot 58 percent from the field against KU.
• In the last 14 meetings, ISU is 7-7 against KU with eight of those outcomes being decided by seven points or less.
• Haliburton and KU's Ochai Agbaji and Udoka Azubuike attended the 2019 Nike Skills Academy in August.
• is 4-6 all-time against Kansas and Bill Self.
• ISU is 390-584 against teams currently in the Big 12 Conference.
ON DECK: CYCLONES BACK HOME FOR TEXAS TECH
• Iowa State hosts Texas Tech Saturday at 5 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum
COMPLETE GAME NOTES
For complete game notes, click here.