12/02/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 12/02/2019 16:57
Press Release - December 2, 2019
In addition to these rare and unique handbags, auction highlights include a selection of collaboration pieces from multiple designers, a group of handbags with large monograms and special-order items designed specifically for individual customers.
'This auction is one of my favorites,' Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D'Amato said. 'The season is so inviting and the spirit of giving brings an intangible warmth to the air. In that essence, our sale offers an immaculate selection of items for absolutely anyone on your list; the assortment is exceptional.'
The Hermès Limited Edition 25cm 'One, Two, Three and Away We Go' Swift Leather Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $30,000-40,000) is one of the stars of this auction, embodying the excitement and whimsy that accompanies the holiday season.
The sale includes a strong group of exotic leather handbags, with exceptional offerings in crocodile, alligator, lizard and ostrich, among others. Included in the top exotics are:
· Hermès 30cm Blue Sapphire Niloticus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Gold Hardware ($30,000-40,000)
· Hermès 25cm Shiny Fuchsia Alligator Birkin Bag and Twilly Scarves (estimate: $35,000-45,000)
· Hermès 35cm Shiny Black Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $30,000-38,000)
· Hermès 25cm Rouge Vif Ostrich Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
The chance to acquire a one-of-a-kind lot is rare, but possible in the form of special order handbags, created when clients work directly with the designers who bring their mutual visions to life. The sale includes six such lots, including:
· Hermès Special Order Horseshoe 25cm Black & Fuchsia Nilo Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $30,000-40,000)
· Hermès Special Order Horseshoe 35cm Rose Shocking & Anemone Chevre Leather Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $10,000-14,000)
· Hermès Special Order 25cm Blue Electric & Gris Mouette Epsom Leather Kelly bag with Brushed Gold Hardware (estimate: $12,000-16,000)
Another important and very popular group of lots in the 515-lot sale is the selection of Louis Vuitton items, including a selection of collaborations involving multiple designers and limited edition pieces that hold impeccable allure to collectors. Among the top collaborations in the sale are:
· Louis Vuitton x Chapman Brothers Limited Edition Blue & White Monogram Rhinoceros Steamer Backpack (estimate: $2,400-4,000)
· Louis Vuitton x Takashi Murakami Limited Edition MOCA Neverfull GM Bag (estimate: $2,400-3,600)
In addition, the sale includes dozens of Louis Vuitton bags with large monograms, some of which can be found nowhere other than in this auction, and many (but not all) are reversable. The oversized monogram lots include:
· Louis Vuitton Set of Two: Limited Edition Pink & Red Giant Monogram Speedy 30 & Zoe Wallet (estimate: $7,000-9,000)
· Louis Vuitton Set of Two: Limited Edition Giant Monogram Reverse Coated Canvas Onthego Bag & Zippy Wallet (estimate: $6,000-8,000)
This auction puts to rest the idea that luxury accessories auctions are limited to handbags created in traditional designs. Some the more couture styles include:
· Chanel Limited Edition Black Lucite & Crystal Rocket Ship Evening Bag (estimate: $15,000-20,000)
· Chanel Limited Edition Black Plexiglass & Crystal 'Buonasera' Film Projector Minaudiere (estimate: $12,000-16,000)
· Chanel Plexiglass 'Dubai by Night' Jerrycan Bag (estimate: $6,000-8,000)
· Chanel Limited Edition 'Do Not Disturb' Black & Gold Sequin Evening Bag (estimate: $3,000-5,000)
Some lots are not handbags at all, including:
· Hermès 24mm Blue Abyss Lizard Diamond Carre Cuir Watch (estimate: $8,000-12,000)
· Chanel Diamond, Amethyst & 18k White Gold Ring (estimate: $3,500-5,000)
· Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Canvas 1998 France World Cup Soccer Ball & Carrying Case (estimate: $1,200-1,800)
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over 1,250,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
214-409-1699; [email protected]