06/07/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 06/07/2019 10:17
Having great skin isn't just a matter of luck, it's a matter of a great skincare routine. That's right-routine. Skincare isn't just washing your face and walking away. The key to great, healthy skin is a multi-step, multi-product regimen.
Here are the six steps you should incorporate into your daily routine for healthy skin.
1. Cleanse: The foundation to a great skincare regime is to wash your face. Start every morning with a fresh face by washing with a gentle cleanser like Artistry Hydra-V™ Fresh Foaming Cleanser. A gentle foaming cleanser removes excess oil, makeup, and environmental debris, leaving behind only a comfortable, refreshed, healthy-looking skin.
2. Tone: Many people skip toner, not fully understanding the benefits of this important step in their daily routine. A refreshing toner not only removes the last traces of dirt and makeup, but also preps the skin to receive additional benefits of treatments and moisturizers. Try Artistry Hydra-V™ Fresh Toner, which calms and soothes, so skin feels refreshed, looks translucent and radiant.
3. Treat: After cleansing, it is important to treat your face with specialized skincare products that can target your specific concerns. According to John Scimeca, Amway senior research scientist, 'Serums are the most powerful skincare formulas. They generally contain the highest concentration of ingredients, technology and efficacy-they're absolutely essential to any regimen.'
If you have multiple skin concerns, try the Artistry Signature Select™ Personalized Serum. It provides a custom signature solution that targets and treat your unique skin concerns. Starting with a universal Base Serum, you can add up to three concentrated Amplifiers for Hydration, Brightening, Anti-Wrinkle, Firming or Anti-Spot, to address your multiple and specific skincare concerns.
While treating your skin, don't forget eye cream. The skin around the eyes is more delicate and sensitive than the rest of the face. In addition, the concerns around the eyes-dark circles and puffiness-are different so your treatment should be different, too. One great eye cream is Artistry Supreme LX™ Regenerating EyeCream. Eye cream should be applied every night, but twice a day is preferred, starting in your 20s.
4. Moisturize: 'After you cleanse and tone, stick to the 'thinnest-to-thickest' order for applying treatment products,' says Louise Schneider, Amway research scientist. 'Finish with a premium moisturizer. Like a lid on a steaming pot, it seals in the healthy, hydrating goodness of your skincare and dramatically improves moisture barrier function.'
The right moisturizer depends on your skin. If you have oily skin, stick to a lotion instead of a cream moisturizer. For dry skin, a cream moisturizer can lock in the extra hydration you need.
5. SPF: The two biggest accelerants of aging skin are 'UV damage and dehydration-in that order,' says Debra Pinardo, Amway research scientist. 'Sun damage causes about 80 percent of skin aging, making sunscreen a must.'
'The key to prevention is protection,' adds Scimeca. He recommends following a morning skincare routine with sunscreen like Artistry Ideal Radiance™ UV Protect SPF 50+. It is essential to apply after moisturizing and before makeup. Apply at least 20 minutes before heading out to give it time to absorb into the skin so it really works as a protective layer.
6. Repeat at Night: After a full day of exposure to the elements and a face full of makeup, it is important to repeat your skincare regime, with one change. Since skin is not exposed to the environment at night, you can skip the SPF. As night rolls around, skin can finally rest, and repair, so this should be the focus of your night routine.
'The skin does the bulk of its renewing, restoring, and repairing while we sleep, so night products are focused on moisture and recovery,' says Scimeca. The perfect nighttime products, like Artistry Youth Xtend™ Enriching Cream, hydrate and nourish skin with ingredients that rebuild skin's moisture barrier and allow skin to retain proper moisture levels-all while you sleep.
Changing habits in your daily routine to incorporate these six steps make it easy to supercharge your skin for a healthy complexion.