01/11/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/11/2019 20:45
U.S. Coast Guard 8th District Heartland
Update 2: Coast Guard suspends search for two people near Mobile Bay, Alabama
NEW ORLEANS - The Coast Guard suspended the search for two people near Mobile Bay, Alabama, Friday.
Missing are Floyd Nelson, 85-years-old, and David Stadman, 40-years-old.
The Coast Guard suspended the search at 2:30 p.m. after searching approximately 2,061 square nautical miles over a 42-hour period.
Involved in the search was:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter air crew
- Coast Guard Station Dauphin Island 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boatcrew
- Coast Guard Cutter Manowar boatcrew
- Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry air crew
- Mobile County Sheriff's Flotilla
- Daphne Search and Rescue
- Mobile Police Department
- Alabama Marine Resources
'Suspending a search is a difficult decision that we never take lightly,' said Capt. Malcolm McLellan, Coast Guard Sector Mobile. 'Our thoughts are with the families and loved ones affected by this incident.'