02/26/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 02/26/2020 18:32
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Moravian opened the game with four unanswered goals to jump out to an early lead. Imbert put the Knights on the board with the squad's first tally with 13:47 remaining in the opening half.
- The Greyhounds ended the opening half with two goals in the final 10-minutes of play to head into halftime with a 6-1 lead.
- Imbert showcased her speed with a breakaway tally early in the second half. Moments later, Kaye collected her fourth goal of the season to make it a 8-3 game.
- The Knights scored the final three goals of the contest to make a late push. Mitchell opened the run with her second goal of the season off an assist from Imbert with 9:19 remaining. Raspanti then connected on her first goal of the season, while Diachynsky found the back of the net to close the game, 10-6. Both goals were assisted by Kaye.
-Goals: Imbert 2
-Assists: Kaye 2
-Points: Kaye 3, Imbert 3
-Caused Turnovers: Pedicone 10
-Ground Balls: Morabito 4
-Saves: Selby 11
- The Knights were narrowly outshot 27-24, but the Greyhounds registered six more shots on goal.
- Arcadia caused 27 turnovers, while only committing 22 turnovers.
- Moravian held a 14-3 advantage on draw controls.
The Knights (1-1) return home to battle Marywood University on Saturday.