01/08/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/07/2019 23:41
Further to the announcement made on 30 December 2018, please note the following salient features of the Additional Tier 1 (AT1) Perpetual bond:
• Perpetual bond is an Additional Tier 1 Capital Note with no maturity date as this is treated as an item of equity.
• Perpetual bond has been issued in accordance with QCB Basel III regulations
• Perpetual bond helps to preserve bank's total equity position to support organic/inorganic business growth.
• QNB will pay coupon on perpetual bond forever until they are called up by the issuing bank (QNB).
• Payment of coupons do not affect QNB's profitability.