05/16/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 05/16/2019 03:18
Morgan Stanley today announced that the Cancer Research UK team has won the sixth UK Strategy Challenge. The Morgan Stanley team working with Cancer Research UK developed an effective business model to help build and diversify their income streams.
The Morgan Stanley UK Strategy Challenge pairs teams of top-performing Morgan Stanley professionals with non-profit organisations in London for eight weeks to provide pro bono strategic advice on issues affecting the charities such as geographic expansion, growth plans, and cost efficiency. The teams presented their final strategic programmes to judges at Morgan Stanley's London headquarters.
'We are extremely proud of all the Morgan Stanley teams who demonstrated their commitment to this pro bono initiative,' said Clare Woodman, Head of EMEA at Morgan Stanley. 'The Strategy Challenge leverages the diverse perspectives and business expertise of our employees to develop innovative solutions for charities so they can continue their vital work in creating tangible change in our local communities.'
Dulcie Ireland, Senior Innovation Manager at Cancer Research UK said, 'The Morgan Stanley team continuously impressed us with their dedication, commitment and passion for the challenge. They brought a fresh perspective and identified an exciting new area of work for Cancer Research UK. Throughout the challenge, the team never lost sight of the end goal: raising money to continue our life-saving research to beat cancer. Their work will help us achieve our vision of bringing forward the day when all cancers are cured.'
Since its inception, the UK Strategy Challenge has delivered over 20,000 hours of service to 29 charities.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
About Cancer Research UK
• Cancer Research UK is the world's leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
• Cancer Research UK's pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
• Cancer Research UK receives no funding from the UK government for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on vital donations from the public.
• Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
• Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK's ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
• Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
• Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.