01/19/2020 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/19/2020 18:14
The Panther defense dominated from the opening tip allowing just 13 points in the first half while building a 31-13 lead the break.
Twelve Panthers scored in the win and UNI was 25-60 (41.7%) from the field. The Panthers outrebounded Indiana State 52-35 and held the Sycamores to 17-59 (28.8%) from the field.
Along with Wolf's game-high 14 points, was 5-5 from the field and 2-2 from the three-point line for 13 points. added 11 points and Nicole Kroger scored 10.
The win moves UNI to 11-5 on the year and 3-2 in MVC play. The Panthers are now 6-0 at home this season.
- Wolf's 14 points is a career-high surpassing her previous best of 12 at Loyola on Feb. 8, 2019.
- Her 13 rebounds is four past her previous best of nine against Evansville on Feb. 24 2019.
- It is her first double-double of her career.
- The Panthers recorded the rebounds of the season with 52. The previous best was Friday's game against Evansville when UNI recorded 49.
- UNI remains undefeated at home with a 6-0 record.
- The Panthers remain undefeated at home for the latest date in the season since the 1999-2000 season when UNI remained unbeaten at home until Feb. 5.
- All 12 players that saw the court for UNI scored at least two points and 11 players recorded field goals.
UNI hits the road for games at Bradley (Friday) and Illinois State (Sunday).