12/02/2019 | News release | Distributed by Public on 12/02/2019 11:03
- The ball hit by Howie Kendrick off the right field foul pole for the go-ahead home run in Game 7
- A jersey worn by World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg in his Game 6 victory
- A cap worn by starting pitcher Max Scherzer in Game 7
- The ball hit by Juan Soto for his Game 1 home run
- A hoodie worn by manager Dave Martinez
- A bat used by Anthony Rendon
- The spikes worn by Kurt Suzuki
- The glove used by reliever Fernando Rodney
- 'Baby Shark' plush toy
Additional artifacts from the 2019 postseason that will be part of Autumn Glory include:
- The batting helmet worn by ALCS MVP José Altuve throughout the postseason, including when he hit his series-ending, walk-off home run in Game 6 of the ALCS
- The bat used by Howie Kendrick to hit his grand slam in Game 5 of the NLDS
- The glove used the Astros' Michael Brantley throughout the 2019 season
The 2019 World Series exhibit in Autumn Glory will be on display through the conclusion of the 2020 Major League Baseball postseason.
In 2020, the Museum will continue its salute to the Nationals World Championship of 2019 with special programming to be announced in the spring.
The Museum collections contain many artifacts documenting the entire history of World Series and postseason play, including Don Larsen's cap and Yogi Berra's mitt from Larsen's 1956 perfect game; Joe Carter's bat from his Series-ending blast in 1993; the jersey David Freese wore when he hit his game-winning home run in Game 6 in 2011; and World Series rings from the last century of Fall Classic competition.