Results

Norwegian Petroleum Directorate

10/21/2021 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 10/21/2021 07:25

Drilling permit for well 36/1-4 S in production licence 885

21/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Wellesley Petroleum AS for well 36/1-4 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 36/1-4 S will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin drilling facility at position 61°54'21.08"N and 4°2'55.87"E.

The drilling programme for well 36/1-4 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 885. Wellesley Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent. The other licensee is Petoro AS (20 per cent).

The area in this licence consists of parts of blocks 35/3 and 36/1. The well will be drilled about 65 kilometres north of the Gjøa field.

Production licence 885 was awarded on 10 February 2017 (APA2016). This is the second exploration well to be drilled in this licence.

The permit is contingent on the other permits and consents required by other authorities being secured before drilling activity starts.

Updated: 21/10/2021

Production figures September 2021

20/10/2021 Preliminary production figures for September 2021 show an average daily production of 2 022 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate,

25 years' experience with safe and secure CO2storage

05/10/2021 Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a hot topic. Director General Ingrid Sølvberg recently took part in a panel discussion at the EU-Norway Energy Conference to spread the word about safe and secure storage of CO2 on the Norwegian shelf.

Production figures August 2021

23/09/2021 Preliminary production figures for August 2021 show an average daily production of 2 114 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.