02/09/2018 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 02/09/2018 19:03
· Kennesaw State had its season opener on Friday, February 9 against Arizona State in Fifth Third Bank Stadium. After trailing by two at halftime, the Owls couldn't get their offense going in the second half allowing Arizona State to pull away and secure their first victory in program history.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
· Kennesaw State fell down by as many as three goals in the first half, but two goals from and a goal from tightened things up at the half as Kennesaw State trailed 6-4 at the break.
· Arizona State came out in the second half and really took control scoring the first five goals to go up 11-4.
· and both tallied goals in the second half, but the Owl offense couldn't muster anything else to start a comeback.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
· Kennesaw State won the draw control battle 12-9 in the game with winning eight of those 12.
· Gore also led the team in goals along with . Both players had two goals in the game. They were Gore's first two collegiate goals.
· got the start in goal and came up with 11 saves in the game.
Kennesaw State will host Vanderbilt at Fifth Third Bank Stadium on Sunday, February 11. The opening draw control is at noon.
Fifth Third Bank is the Official Bank of Kennesaw State Athletics. Fifth Third Bank Stadium, the signature athletics landmark on the Kennesaw State University campus, is a world-class facility that has been recognized as one of the premier multi-use outdoor athletics venues in the country. In the fall of 2015, it become the official home of Owls football team and is home to Owls soccer and lacrosse as well.