08/20/2019 | News release | Distributed by Public on 08/20/2019 16:15
The Town of Yountville is seeking five (5) community volunteers to serve on the Affordable and Workforce Housing Oversight Committee. The terms of office will be staggered as follows: three (3) seats for a two-year term and two (2) seats for a one-year term.
Deadline to File: Applications must be submitted on-line by September 18, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
COMPOSITION, MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
The Affordable and Workforce Housing Oversight Committee (Committee) consists of five members serving staggered terms of office. Meeting dates and location will be established by the Committee at its organizational meeting.
Resident Committee members must have a primary address within the Yountville Town limits. An * indicates a seat which may be filled by a non-Yountville resident whose primary employment is with a Yountville business. If a lodging business representative is not available or suitable for appointment, that Committee position may be filled by a non-designated business representative.
At the November 2018 election, Yountville voters approved Measure S 'An Ordinance of the People of the Town of Yountville Increasing the Transient Occupancy Tax by One Percent to Fund Programs and Services Related to Workforce and Affordable Housing. The Committee's annual duties include:
• Review revenue receipts and expenditure funds.
• Review status of the programs and services, including the portion of programs and services funded with a combination of Measure S Funds and funds from other sources or accounts.
• Prepare a report and make a presentation to the Town Council regarding Measure S Funds and the revenue receipts and expenditures and status of the programs and services.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE
• Interest in being a part of solving the local employee workforce housing shortage.
• Supportive of inclusionary housing development and programs.
• Commitment to a Yountville that includes the employees who work in our local businesses, schools, town government living in Yountville.
• Desire to keep Yountville the quality community that it is.
SAVE THE DATE
Applicants will be requested to appear before the Town Council prior to the Town Council Meeting, Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at approximately 4:00 p.m. to be interviewed. Time is determined by the number of applications received and may be adjusted based on the number of applicants.
Residents interested in further information regarding the functions of the Committee, may inquire with Steve Rogers, Town Manager, by calling Town Hall at 944-8851.
The individual(s) selected will be required to take an Oath of Office, file an FPPC Annual Statement of Economic Interest on-line which is filed with the State of California Fair Political Practices Commission in Sacramento, and to take on-line Ethics training upon appointment and every 2 years thereafter.