09/03/2021 | News release | Distributed by Public on 09/03/2021 04:27
2. Minister Teo has been invited by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Estonia, Kaja Kallas, to this annual meeting for advanced digital nations to enhance practical sharing on digitalisation and cybersecurity. The Tallinn Digital Summit will be attended by Heads of States and Ministers from UK, United States, Ireland, Japan, Austria, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovenia, Lithuania, Croatia, Poland and top representatives from the European Council and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
3. As countries worldwide grow their digital economies, cybersecurity has now become a matter of national security. Singapore is honoured to be part of the invite-only Summit, which is widely recognised as a platform that gathers the forerunners of digital nations to drive global conversations on digitalisation.
4. Singapore looks forward to having frank, practical exchanges and strengthening our ties with other nations at the Summit. This includes working with partners to raise the importance of developing internationally recognised cybersecurity standards.
5. At the sidelines of the Summit, Minister Teo will also attend a bilateral meeting with her counterparts from other countries and international organisations, including Estonia, United States, UK, and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). These bilateral meetings seek to enhance Singapore's digital collaboration with these parties and to cooperate in areas of mutual interests, such as cyberdefence and AI. In this regard, Minister Teo will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Digital Cooperation with Estonia's Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, to step up collaboration in the areas of digital economy, digital government, emerging technologies and cybersecurity.
6. As part of her visit to Estonia, Minister will be visiting Estonian companies to understand more about their innovation and processes, as well as seek potential for collaboration for the benefit of Singapore companies and agencies.
7. Minister Teo will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Communications and Information, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore and the Smart Nation and Digital Government Office. The delegation will adhere to the relevant Safe Travel measures throughout and after the trip.