09/18/2019 | News release | Distributed by Public on 09/18/2019 19:30
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Runkle tallied the opening score in the 13th minute after Pryor played him the pass on a through ball. Runkle carried the ball into the box and beat the keeper to the far post, which gave the Knights an early 1-0 advantage.
- Penn State Berks answered back in the 27th minute with a goal from Brenden Valverde, who curled the ball into the upper right corner for his sixth goal of the season. Arcadia had a couple chances to regain the lead before halftime, but couldn't connect on the opportunities.
- The Nittany Lions took the lead with an early second half goal in the 52nd minute. Nate Nguyen scored his third goal of the season following a lengthy pass from Valverde. Later in the half, Valverde added his second goal of the afternoon on an insurance goal in the 89th minute.
- Goals: Runkle 1 (1)
- Assists: Pryor 1 (2)
- Points: Runkle 2 (2)
- Shots: Abdullahi 3
- Saves: Varrato 5
- The Knights held a slim 15-14 shots advantage against the Nittany Lions.
- Both teams were even with 10 fouls and one corner kick.
Men's soccer continues its three-game road swing at Elizabethtown on Saturday, Sept. 21. The Knights then travel to Cairn to close out their road trip.