11/19/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 11/19/2019 04:03
Seasonal shoppers using loyalty points estimate they could save £61 on shopping this festive season
This year more than a third (36%) of shoppers plan to use loyalty reward points from retailers for Christmas, and these consumers estimate they will be redeeming £61 on average across the festive season(1). That's enough for a bottle of perfume for mum, or a pair of headphones for the other half.
Another 10% of people are planning to use over £100 worth of loyalty points to put towards shopping this year(1). Using points to purchase presents means a few gifts can be ticked off the list by the time Santa comes to town.
A separate analysis of Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card data reveals that during December last year Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card customers accrued 263m Nectar points, worth a jolly £1.3m(2). Those looking to get the best value when shopping could consider taking advantage of loyalty points collected over the year.
Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card customers can collect 750 bonus Nectar points per £35 spent on Sainsbury's shopping for up to 10 shops in the first two months(5), meaning gift givers can collect up to 7,500 points to use for festive spending (Representative 20.9% APR Variable). In addition customers can collect two points per £1 spend on shopping and fuel at Sainsbury's stores(5).
Putting the cost of turkey and tinsel on a card, such as a Sainsbury's Bank Purchase Credit Card (4), may help manage spending as long as purchases are paid off within the offer period. Sainsbury's Bank's Purchase Credit Card currently offers 20 months 0% APR variable(4).
Jerome Fernandez, Head of Credit Cards at Sainsbury's Bank, said 'Almost one in 10 (9%) people collect loyalty points through the year but don't then use them on Christmas spending (1). Shoppers thinking about how to get the best value this Christmas could consider using the loyalty points they've collected to help Santa out.'
Sainsbury's Bank Credit Cards provides seasonal shoppers with five top tips for a cost effective Christmas
1. Write a list to Santa: Research from Sainsbury's Bank shows almost a third (31%) will dip into savings for gift buying this year(1). Write up a Christmas gift list complete with prices so you can see how much you are likely to spend and stick to it!
2. Cover Christmas on a 0% Card: Using a card that offers 0% interest for purchases allows consumers to spread the cost of Christmas purchases. There is no interest to pay as long as the balance is paid off before the interest free period ends.
3. Merry-make the most of points: Nearly one in five (19%) people haven't considered using rewards, points or offers for Christmas present buying(1). Using loyalty points over the holidays can be an effective way of cutting costs that Santa's elves would approve of.
4. Gift the gift of time this Christmas: Consider giving the gift of time. Perhaps offer to cook a dish or two for the Christmas table or pitch in with gardening as a gift exchange instead.
5. Present pinching: Organising a secret Santa in the office or for family can reduce the number of presents to purchase.
For further information, please contact:
Sainsbury's Bank press office 0131 286 0010 / [email protected]
Notes to editor:
This press release is information for journalists only and is not intended to be a promotion to be acted upon by consumers.
(1) Omnibus research was conducted by Opinium, 2,003 adults were surveyed between 18 and 21 October 2019.
(2) Internal data provided by Sainsbury's Bank on the amount spent as well as the number of Nectar points collected by customers in December 2018.
(3) Sainsbury's Bank Nectar Credit Cards are available to new Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card customers only. We treat all our customers and their applications for a Sainsbury's Bank Nectar Credit Card on an individual basis. The interest rate, credit limit and promotional period we offer are determined by the details you supply, along with an independent verification of credit and repayment history. To keep your promotional rate you must pay at least the minimum payment by the due date and stay within your credit limit. Nectar points collected using your Credit Card are in addition to the points you normally collect in store or online. Credit available subject to status to UK residents aged 18 or over from Sainsbury's Bank Credit Cards, PO Box 10592, Wigston, LE18 9GZ.
(4) Sainsbury's Bank Purchase Credit Card offers 0% interest on purchases for 20 months. We may offer you a 0% interest period of 16 or 12 months depending on your individual circumstances. 0% interest on balance transfers for your first 3 months. Balance transfer fee of 3% (minimum £3) applies on transfers made at application. The charge will depend on your current offer thereafter. Transfer money to your current account at the standard cash interest rate. A fee of 4% (minimum £4) at application. The charge will depend on your current offer thereafter. No annual fee
Purchase rate is With a representative Assumed Credit limit:
p.a. variable 20.9% APR
Your interest rate, promotional period and credit limit will vary depending on your individual circumstances.
(5) Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card Nectar points conditions: 2 Nectar points are collected on each full £1 of each separate shopping or fuel transaction at Sainsbury's when you use your Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card. Excludes Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Bank, Sainsbury's Energy and any other Sainsbury's service which will be treated as non-Sainsbury's purchases. For non-Sainsbury's purchases, 1 Nectar point is collected on each full £5 of each separate transaction. Travel Money purchases are not eligible for points. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd and Sainsbury's Bank plc, who reserve the right to alter or terminate the offer at any time. Please allow up to 60 days from your credit card statement date for the points to be credited to your Nectar account. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter or stop this offer without notice.
Purchase bonus Nectar points conditions: Offer is available to new Sainsbury's Bank credit card customers. Remember to add your Nectar card number to your application. To get your points you'll need to stay within your credit limit and make the minimum payment on your account by the due date. Spend with Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Energy, Sainsbury's Bank (including travel money) Sainsbury's Petrol Stations (including non-fuel purchases) and any refunded transactions are excluded. Your account will be opened within 2 working days of us receiving your signed agreement and we will allow 10 days for you to receive your card before the 2 months begins. Your points will appear in your Nectar account 60 days after the end of your 2 month period. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter or stop this offer without notice.
About Sainsbury's Bank:
To view our latest press releases and product information, please visit the Sainsbury's Bank online media centre at https://www.about.sainsburys.co.uk/news
Sainsbury's was the first major supermarket to open a bank in the UK in February 1997. Our range of financial products includes, credit cards, savings and loans, as well as travel money, and car, home, pet, travel and life insurance which we provide online and by telephone. We offer Sainsbury's shoppers great deals and rewards for choosing to shop and bank with us.
We have travel money bureaux at various Sainsbury's supermarkets across the UK and a large ATM estate.
Sainsbury's Bank plc. Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Bank plc is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).