06/25/2019 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 06/25/2019 15:08
Click on this Link to see the entire bid: FURNISHING AND INSTALLING STANDBY POWER - Seaside Fire Department
PUBLISH: DAILY ASTORIAN THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
FURNISHING AND INSTALLING STANDBY POWER
Seaside Fire Department, 150 S Lincoln St, Seaside, OR 97138
CITY OF SEASIDE
Sealed bids for the Furnishing and installing standby power for the City of Seaside Fire Department will be received by the City of Seaside, at 989 Broadway, Seaside, OR 97138 until 2:00 p.m., Pacific Time, on July 11, 2019 at which time and place, they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Pre-bid meeting June 26, 2019 at the Seaside Fire Department - 10:00 AM.
This project consist of replacing an existing natural gas fired generator in the Fire Department. This generator will be upsized to accommodate the additional loads of the Fire department and provide standby power for City Hall. Change in size is from 30 KW to 60 KW. This change in generator sizing may require increasing the louvers and ducting to handle the cooling and combustion air requirements.
This project is 'turn-key' project. Contractor will design, build, furnish, and install all equipment to complete this project.
This project was originally designed with an outside diesel generator. The original drawings and specifications are provided to assist the contractor in designing and building this project. R&W Engineering was the designer of that project. They are not associated with this project.
Plans and Specifications (R&W) are a basis for selection of the generator, construction and materials. Submittals will be reviewed with applicable specifications.
In general, this consists of:
· Furnish and install a Natural Gas Sparked Fired Generator - 60 KW.
· Furnish and install matching Exhaust Silencer with mounting hardware.
· Furnish and install Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS).
· Furnish and install all conductors, conduit, panels, equipment, enclosures and materials for installation. All outside enclosures and hardware shall be stainless steel.
· Furnish and install gas piping for generator.
· Contractor to verify air flow requirements for the upsized generator. Air Flow Requirements: Cooling and combustion air.
Replace generator louver with correctly sized louver. This will require brick and wood construction. Replace/repair interior
wallboard as needed.
· Modify or construct new ducting from the louver to the new generator housing/radiator as required.
· Trenching and surface restoration - Fire Department to City Hall
· Obtain and Pay - Electrical Permits - Clatsop County
· Mechanical/Structural Permits - obtain from City of Seaside Building Codes - at no cost to contractor.
· Old Generator and Automatic Transfer Switch - Public Works will pick up from curb - remains property of city.
Complete all work to be done under the contract no later than 120 days after contract is signed
The City of Seaside may reject any bid not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, and may reject for any good cause any or all bids and delete items listed in the bid schedule upon a finding of the City of Seaside that it is in the public interest to do so.
Documents for this Bid Package:
1. Notice to Contractors (3 pages)
· Bidder Source Information
· Schedule Of Unit Prices
2. Plans: 3 SHEETS
3. Technical Specification:
· SECTION 16010 - GENERAL ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS
· SECTION 16100 - BASIC ELECTRICAL MATERIALS AND METHODS
· SECTION 16200 - STANDBY POWER SYSTEM
· SECTION 16400 - SERVICE AND DISTRIBUTION