01/21/2020 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/21/2020 09:03
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (Jan. 21, 2020) - For the third year in a row, Unum (NYSE: UNM) received a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality index (CEI). This is the largest national benchmarking tool that measures corporate policies and practices for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
Companies are ranked based on non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement in the LGBTQ community.
Unum resources for LGBTQ+ workers include:
- Domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples.
- Health care coverage for procedures related to gender transition.
- Equal opportunity employment and anti-harassment policies.
- Employee Resource Group focused on company-wide education and advocacy.
- Guidance for LGBTQ+ employees in their growth, development and wellbeing.
- Best practices on how to be allies for LGBTQ+ coworkers.
'The HRC benchmark evolves annually, which helps us measure our efforts against national best practices,' said Lee Reece, promotions and events consultant and U.S. lead for Unum's LGBTQ+ employee resource group. 'We're on an important journey to make sure our workforce is inclusive and supportive of all, and represents the diversity of our customers.'