04/20/2017 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 04/21/2017 08:40
Commercial Driver's License (CDL) medical exams are now available at the following Cole Memorial Medical Group practices: Bowman Health Center, 83 South Marvin Street, Smethport, Pennsylvania and the Internal Medicine Practice located in the Hospital's Irwin Medical Arts Center, 1001 East Second Street, Coudersport. Providers Sarah Colson, CRNP, and Adriane Pierce, PA-C, are now certified to perform CDL medical exams (Class A, B and C) by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FCMSA) at those respective facilities.
Colson and Pierce have completed the required training and testing concerning the Federal physical qualifications and standards for truck and bus drivers and possesses the necessary knowledge and professional credentials to perform physical qualification examinations for commercial motor vehicle drivers in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (49 CFR 391.41 - 391.49).
Upon completion of CDL tests, they will fill out the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination and its documentation, including Department of Transportation (DOT) forms.
The cost of the exam is $100 and must be paid in-full at the time of service. Payments will be accepted by credit card, money order or cash only.
The following planning items are required in advance of an exam:
• If you have a medical condition, you'll need to document it.
• Medications: List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the-counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list these too.
• High blood pressure: Bring a list of medications and name of the prescribing doctor.
• Diabetic condition: Bring a list of medications and name of the prescribing doctor.
• Heart condition: If you've had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you'll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
• Sleep apnea: Bring a copy (if available) of your latest sleep test results.
• Contact information: Have the names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax over missing information.
For more information or to schedule a CDL exam, please call 814-274-5276 in Coudersport or 814-887-5395 in Smethport.