11/30/2018 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 11/30/2018 04:31
The Compensation Fund (CF), an entity of the Department of Labour will next week host four public hearings on the amending of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases (COID) Bill in the Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal provinces.
The public hearings are designed to collect inputs on amendments to the COID Bill of 2018 published in October.
First to host will be Gauteng Province on December 3 in Birchwood Hotel and Conference Centre - Ekurhuleni, and on December 4 in Manhattan Hotel - Pretoria.
The public hearings in KwaZulu-Natal will be held on December 5 in Gateway Hotel - Durban, and on December 6 in Ascot Wedding and Conference Venue - Pietermaritzburg.
The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act applies to all employers; and casual and full-time workers who, sustain workplace accident (are injured, disabled, or killed); or work-related diseases.
The objective of the public hearing is to discuss the most significant amendments proposed to the COID Act which are:
· Inclusion of domestic workers under the category of employees for purposes of benefits in terms of the Act.
· Rehabilitation and Reintegration framework of injured and or diseased employees into the workplace;
· Administrative amendments
· Improvement of some benefits
The COID Amendment Bill public hearing roadshow started on 19 November in Upington. Since then public hearings have been held in Kimberley, Bloemfontein, Bethlehem, Klersksdorp, Rustenburg, Nelspruit, Witbank, Tzaneen and Polokwane.
The remaining public hearings will be held as follows:
· Port Elizabeth - The Beach Hotel on 10 December 2018
· East London - Premier Hotel Regent on 11 December 2018
· Cape Town - Stellenbosch Lodge on 12 December 2018
· George - Chilly and Chive Lodge on 13 December 2018
All the public hearings will be held from 09:00-11:00 am.
082 697 0694