01/05/2020 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/05/2020 15:45
By: Aury St. GermainKENNESAW, Ga.- The Owls finish their three-game home swing against North Florida tomorrow (Jan. 6) at 7 p.m. inside the KSU Convocation Center. Over the time span, Kennesaw State has beaten Middle Georgia State (Dec. 31) but fell to Stetson (Jan. 3).
• Kennesaw State is entering this evening with a 26-20 overall record against North Florida. Last season, the Ospreys took both meetings, including a 71-60 win inside the KSU Convocation Center.
• The Owls are coming off a 67-61 loss against Stetson on Saturday. The Owls started strong, fell behind, and stormed back to tie the game late in the second half, but went cold, and failed to make a field goal in the last four minutes of the fourth quarter.
• KSU did an incredible job taking care of the basketball against Stetson. The Owls turned the ball over just eight times, which was a season-low.
• 3-point shooting has been an issue for the Owls all season (ranked 324 out of 348 teams in D1), but had a huge impact against the Hatters on Saturday. Kennesaw State shot just 5.6 percent from deep (1-for-18).
• It has been a tale of two halves for the Owls this season. Starting hot has been a trend for KSU, as the Owls have outscored foes by 55 points, but in the second half, the Owls find themselves in a 12 point hole.
• has been incredible so far this season for Kennesaw State. She ranks 50th in the country in double-doubles with five in the 12 games that she has played. She has already collected an ASUN Player of the Week award, which came after week one of the season.
• One of the Owls' keys to victory this season has been rebounding the basketball. When Kennesaw State out-rebounds opponents, the Owls are 5-0 so far this season. When opponents out-rebound KSU, the Owls are 1-6.
• has displayed incredible vision this season for the Owls. The sophomore ranks first in the ASUN in assists per game (4.3), which ranks 101st in the country.
• A trend that continues from last season, rarely gets taken off the court. This season, she is averaging 38:19 minutes per contest, which ranks seventh in the country.
• During the summer, it was announced that the Owls were ranked No. 20 in the WBCA Academic rankings. The Owls were the sole program in the ASUN to receive the honor as well as the only program in the state of Georgia to be recognized on the list. KSU ended the season with a 3.54 GPA.
Noting North Florida
• North Florida is looking to pick up its first win in the ASUN this season after falling to North Alabama in their ASUN season-opener.
• North Florida ended the first half of the 2019-20 campaign with a 7-6 record to finish above .500 in non-conference play for just the second time in the program's Division I history. UNF went 9-4 during the 2014-15 season and eventually finished 11-17 on the year.
• The Ospreys are led by Janesha Green, who is scoring at a 13.1 points per game clip. Jazz Bond is not far behind- netting 13.0 points per contest.