01/17/2020 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/17/2020 21:24
By: Hunter McKayBox Score
LEXINGTON, Ky.- The Kennesaw State women's tennis team fell 7-0 at Kentucky on Friday (Jan. 17).
Kentucky (3-0) won two doubles matches and came out on top in each of the six singles contests.
The Owls got strong efforts in singles from and . Playing in the No. 1 spot, Dean battled with Akvile Parazinskaite losing 6-4, 6-3. After losing her opening set 6-3, Jarrett beat Brianna Tulloch 7-5 in the second set before falling 1-0 in a third set tiebreaker.
'Overall, we liked a lot of what we saw tonight,' Director of Tennis said. 'Kentucky is a Top 25 team who rarely loses at home, especially indoors, so we knew that was going to be tough. It was fun watching Taylor go toe to toe at the No. 1 spot with one of the best players in the country. Aspen did a phenomenal job of competing and leaving it all out there. She put herself in a position but came up just short. There were a couple spots tonight where we just didn't quite our teeth into the match. As a team, we have to do a little bit better job of embracing adversity and loving the battle. We can't wait to get back out and compete again on Sunday in Tuscaloosa.'
KSU heads to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama on Sunday (Jan. 19) at 12 p.m. ET.
Kentucky Women's Tennis 7, Kennesaw State 0
1. Akvile Parazinskaite (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-4, 6-3
2. #59 Lesedi Jacobs (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Carlota Molina (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Carla Girbau (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Brianna Tulloch (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0
6. Anastasia Tkachenko (UKWTEN) def. (KSU) 6-0, 6-1
1. #21 Lesedi Jacobs/Akvile Parazinskaite (UKWTEN) def. / (KSU) 6-2
2. Carla Girbau/Anastasia Tkachenko (UKWTEN) def. / (KSU) 6-1
3. Carlota Molina/Brianna Tulloch (UKWTEN) vs. / (KSU) 5-2, unfinished
Kennesaw State 0-3
Kentucky Women's Tennis 3-0
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (2,4,1,3,6,5)
To keep up with the latest Kennesaw State women's tennis news follow the team on Twitter @KSUOwlNation and @KSUOwlsWTenn or by liking Kennesaw State Owls on Facebook.