08/04/2017 | News release | Distributed by Public on 08/04/2017 05:08
Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) topped FP1 at the Czech GP, four tenths clear of veteran Italian Simone Corsi (Speed Up Racing). Xavi Vierge (Tech 3 Racing) completed the top three in an impressive performance as he returns from injury.
Championship leader Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) was one crasher - rider ok - as the Italian pushed a bit too far stacking up the red sectors. Teammate Alex Marquez was impressive back on track after injuring himself in Germany, and American debutant Joe Roberts - stepping into the AGR Team for the remainder of 2017 - had a stunning first session in P14.
1. Miguel Oliveira - (Red Bull KTM Ajo) - 2:15.724
2. Simone Corsi - (Speed Up Racing) - +0.408
3. Xavi Vierge - (Tech 3 Racing) - +0.504
4. Hafizh Syahrin - (Petronas Raceline Malaysia) - +0.633
5. Alex Marquez - (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) - +0.755
6. Francesco Bagnaia - (Sky Racing Team VR46) - +1.110
7. Tom Lüthi - (CarXpert Interwetten) - +1.129
8. Isaac Viñales - (BE-A-VIP SAG Team) - +1.344
9. Sandro Cortese - (Dynavolt Intact GP) - +1.360
10. Franco Morbidelli - (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) - +1.385