02/03/2023 | Press release | Archived content
R 030800Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FY22 MARINE CORPS AWARDS FOR INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO 1650.61 CH 1//
REF/B/MSGID: MCICOM Policy Letter 10-19//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1650.61 CH 1, MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS AWARDS PROGRAM (MCILAP)//
AMPN/REF B IS MCICOM POLICY LETTER 10-19, MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS COMMAND CIVILIAN OF THE YEAR PROGRAM//
AMPN/REF C IS SOLICITATION FOR THE MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS AWARDS FOR FY22//
POC/JAY MONTGOMERY/LTCOL/UNIT: HQMC IL, LPO/EMAIL: [email protected]/TEL: 703-695-8869//
POC/MATTHEW BARNES/MAJ/UNIT: HQMC IL, LPO/EMAIL: [email protected]/TEL: 571-256-7213//
POC/RYAN MITCHELL/GS-14/UNIT: MCICOM/EMAIL: [email protected]/TEL: 571-256-2842//
POC/HARRIET PAIGE-CAVE/GS-13/UNIT: MCICOM/EMAIL: [email protected]/TEL: 571-256-7093//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commandant of the Marine Corps and the Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics take great pleasure in announcing the results of the FY-22 Installations and Logistics Awards program. These awards recognize the outstanding achievements of the Corps' top performing Marines, Civilian Marines and units in the Installations and Logistics community. The following individuals and units will be recognized on 30 March 2023 by the Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics. All awardees will be invited by the Marine Corps Association (MCA) to attend the Installations and Logistics Excellence Awards Dinner, hosted by MCA.
2. Installations Award Winners.
2.a. The Marine Corps Installations Command Civilian of the Year is NF-04 John Johnson, Marine Corps Community Services Lejeune-New River, Marine Corps Installations East-Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, NC.
2.b. The Marine Corps Installations Command Officer of the Year is Major Frank M. Colpo, G-3/5 Directorate, Marine Corps Installations Command.
2.c. The Marine Corps Installations Command Enlisted of the Year is GySgt Steven Okun, Marine Corps Air Station Camp Pendleton, Marine Corps Installations West-Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA.
2.d. The Marine Corps Installations Large Installation of the Year is MCB, Camp Lejeune, NC, Marine Corps Installations East.
2.e. The Marine Corps Installations Small Installation of the Year is Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, GA, Marine Corps Installations East.
3. Logistics Award Winners.
3.a. The First Lieutenant Travis Manion Marine Corps Officer Logistician of the Year is Captain Valerie M. Krygier, 3d Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division.
3.b. The Marine Corps Enlisted Logistician of the Year is Sgt Conor J. Cromer, 1st Landing Support Battalion, Combat Logistics Regiment-1, 1st Marine Logistics Group.
3.c. The Marine Corps Civilian Logistician of the Year is Mr. Mark T. DeSander, MCAS Iwakuni, Marine Corps Installations Pacific.
3.d. The Marine Corps Logistics Organization/Team of the Year (large unit) is Combat Logistics Regiment- 2, 2d Marine Logistics Group.
3.e. The Marine Corps Logistics Organization/Team of the Year (small unit) is Support Company, Combat Logistics Battalion-7, Combat Logistics Regiment-1, 1st Marine Logistics Group.
3.f. The Marine Corps Logistics Organization of the Year for Innovation is Combat Logistics Regiment-3, 3rd Marine Logistics Group.
4. Congratulations to all awardees and nominees. The competition was incredibly close and all individuals and organizations nominated should be proud of their accomplishments. Your individual and organizational achievements continue to reflect the highest standards of logistics excellence.
5. HQMC will provide funding for (1) command representative per award category. Travel for individual recipients and spouses, lodging details, and a schedule of events for award recipients will be issued via separate correspondence (SEPCOR).
5.a. No later than 28 February 2023, commands are responsible for ensuring that their respective individual awardees submit a high resolution official color photo and point of contact information to include name, rank, email address, and phone number along with any other correspondence via email to the I&L organizational mailbox at [email protected] Ensure the subject line identifies the nominee's full name, rank, and award.
5.b. No later than 28 February 2023, the Marine Corps Logistics Organizations/Teams of the Year must submit primary point of contact information for personnel who will represent the organization/team via email to the I&L organizational mailbox at [email protected] Ensure the subject line identifies the organization/team's full name and award.
6. The Installations and Logistics Excellence Awards Dinner will be held on 30 March 2023 at the Hilton Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Road in Alexandria, Virginia. The dress is business or cocktail attire, service alphas with ribbons and shooting badges or equivalent for awardees and service members participating in the ceremony. With the exception of award recipients, attendees must make reservations via the Marine Corps Association by contacting Sarah Cohen at 703-640-0174 or email [email protected] An email address is required for attendance at the event. HQMC I&L is not involved in the registration process, but please contact the POCs listed in this message for assistance in the event any issues should arise.
7. Release authorized by LtGen Edward D. Banta, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//