05/08/2021 | News release | Distributed by Public on 05/07/2021 19:14
May 7, 2021
We have recently received notification of multiple cases of COVID-19 in students or staff at Bangor High School and James F. Doughty School. If you or your child have been identified as having been potentially exposed, a Bangor nurse or school representative will contact you today and will provide you with more information regarding what you will need to do.
Cases in Bangor appear to be increasing. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it's available to you.
· Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
· Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don't live with you.
· Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
· Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
· Monitor your health daily.
· Stay home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
Please stay safe and be well.