- The Arcadia University men's basketball team suffered its first conference loss at Hood College, 78-70, Saturday afternoon. had a team-high 18 points, while and scored 15 and 12 points, respectively.
The Knights held a double-digit lead for the majority of the game, but fell victim to an exceptional second half shooting performance from the Blazers, who ended the game on a 17-0 run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights got off to a quick start, opening the game with a 7-0 run. Pendleton provided Arcadia's first bucket with a layup, while added a layup and three-pointer to take an early advantage.
- Hood cut its deficit to two points with 11:00 remaining in the opening half. However, Arcadia answered with two three-pointers from Davis and a long ball from to cap off an 11-2 rally.
- Later in the opening half, Money and Davis provide consecutive three-pointers to give the Knights a 17-point lead. Moments later, Gardner drained another deep ball to take the Knights largest lead of the first half, 44-26.
- Money and Davis opened the second half with three pointers to expand the team's lead to 52-34. The Blazers responded with a 12-0 rally to cut the Knights lead to eight points with 15:41 remaining, but Davis answered with a deep three to put his squad's lead back to double-figures, 55-44.
- The Blazers pieced together a 6-0 run to cut the Knights lead to one possession, 70-67, with 3:03 remaining. Hood then took their first lead of the afternoon with a three-pointer from Christopher Smalls and added on two more to go up by three with 1:07 remaining.
- Arcadia was held scoreless for the final 5:47 of the second half with the Blazers outscoring the Knights 17-0 during that stretch.
Points: Davis 18, Pendleton 15, Money 12
Assists: Davis 7
Rebounds: Pendleton 9, Watkins 8
Steals: Pendleton 4
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Hood outscored the Knights 26-2 on points off turnovers.
- The Knights shot the lights out from long range in the opening half. Arcadia shot 11-for-22 (50.0%) from beyond the arc, while Hood was 2-for-17 (11.8%) from deep.
- Arcadia was outscored 47-24 in the second half, shooting 27.3 percent from the field and 5-for-20 (20.0%) from deep. The Blazers shot 60.9 percent from the field after a sluggish opening half.
The Knights (5-4, 1-1) return to action at Stevenson University on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 3:00 PM.