12/07/2019 | News release | Distributed by Public on 12/07/2019 14:31
The Knights pulled ahead of the Blazers with a big fourth quarter, outscoring their opponent 20-10. Arcadia held Hood scoreless for nearly half the final quarter and opened the stanza on a 9-0 run to help distance themselves from the Blazers.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and Blazers were evenly matched in the opening quarter, which saw seven lead changes. Dunn got off to a fast start with 11 points, while shooting 4-for-5 from the field in the first quarter. Hood ended the stanza with the lead after Morgan Anderson made a layup as time expired, 19-17.
- drained a three-pointer from the wing with 7:00 remaining in the second quarter to regain the lead for Arcadia, 22-21. then hit consecutive jumpers to expand the Knights advantage to six points with 2:14 left in the half. Manzo later connected with her sixth point of the quarter to give the Knights a 28-23 lead at the half.
- Hood opened the second half on a 7-0 run to regain the lead, 30-28. scored the Knights first basket of the half with 6:02 remaining to tie the game. The Blazers ended the quarter on a 4-0 run in the final 40 seconds to pull ahead 37-35.
- Following her own steal, Makowski went the length of the court and connected on a three-point play to put Arcadia ahead 40-37. The Knights, who opened the quarter on a 9-0 run, held Hood scoreless for the first 4:51 of the quarter.
Points: Dunn 24, Makowski 11
Assists: Hoffman 5
Rebounds: Makowski 8
Steals: Dunn/Barrer 4
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Arcadia controlled the glass, out-rebounding the Blazers 39-27. The Knights pulled down 12 offensive boards and tallied eight second-chance points.
- Hood struggled from the free throw line shooting 3-for-7, while Arcadia was 21-for-31.
- The Knights outscored Hood 11-4 in the second quarter. It marked the fewest points that Arcadia has allowed in a single quarter this season.
The Knights (5-4, 1-1) return to action at Stevenson University on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 1:00 PM.