06/18/2021 | News release | Distributed by Public on 06/18/2021 04:19
The final FP1 session of the Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland saw the Moto2™ World Championship riders hit the track, with frantic action from the start. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) took the top spot with an impressive time in the final ten minutes of the session to put himself just over a tenth clear of Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2), who also improved late on in the session, whilst Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) placed third having been at the top for the majority of the session.
Outside of the top three places was Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo), who got off to a solid start as he looks set to continue his battle with teammate and Championship leader Remy Gardner. Fifth belonged to Augusto Fernandez (ELF Marc VDS Racing Team), who was marginally clear of an impressive Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team), who set his best lap on his final lap of the session. There was an array of crashes throughout the session, with Cameron Beaubier (American Racing), Marcel Schrotter (Liqui Moly Intact GP), Aron Canet (Aspar Team Moto2) and Hafizh Syahrin (NTS RW Racing GP) all in the gravel, although all were OK.
At 15:10 local time (GMT+2), Moto2™ returns for FP2!
1. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo)
2. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) +0.102s
3. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.204s
4. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) +0.251s
5. Augusto Fernandez (ELF Marc VDS Racing Team) +0.288s
6. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) +0.314s
7. Sam Lowes (ELF Marc VDS Racing Team) +0.489s
8. Jorge Navarro (+EGO Speed Up) +0.517s
9. Albert Arenas (Aspar Team Moto2) +0.532s
10. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) +0.610s