09/25/2023 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 09/26/2023 07:22
(Hartford, CT) - Today, Secretary of the State Stephanie Thomas randomly selected nine precincts from the September 12, 2023 primary election to have their machine totals audited. There were also five alternates chosen in case the selected precincts cannot be audited for any reason.
State law requires that five percent of all voting precincts have their machine totals audited following any election or primary. There were 180 precincts that held a primary election on September 12, 2023. In each municipality where there is an audit, the town clerk conducts a random drawing to select the offices on the ballot that will be subject to the audit.
Upon completion, the University of Connecticut, The Secretary of the State's Office, and the State Elections Enforcement Commission will analyze audit results, after which they will be made available to the public.
List of polling places to be audited:
• Middletown - District 6 - Snow School
• New Haven - District 13 - Benjamin Jepson Magnet School
• Brookfield - District 2 - Brookfield High School
• New Haven - District 17 - Firehouse Woodward
• Bridgeport - District 135-3 - Park City Magnet School
• Hartford - District 14 - Environmental Sciences Magnet School
• Brookfield - Central Count Absentee Ballot Location - Town Hall
• Hamden - District 5 - Board of Education Building
• New Haven - District 4 - Truman School Gym
• Bridgeport - District 132-1 - Central High School
• Hamden - District 8 - Bear Path School
• Norwalk - Central Count Absentee Ballot Location - Norwalk City Hall
• Hartford - District 5 - United Methodist Church
• Hartford - District 4 - Hartford International University for Religion and Peace
###Twitter: Secretary of State on TwitterFacebook: Secretary of State on Facebook