12/06/2023 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 12/06/2023 12:47
There is currently no estimated time of opening for this stretch of State Route 89. The roadway will be evaluated after the storm for potential re-opening.
Caltrans urges motorists to continue using caution while driving in winter conditions and watch for icy road conditions in the overnight and early morning hours.
For the latest road condition information, tune your radio to the Caltrans Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) at 530 AM, 1610 AM or 1670 AM, or call the Caltrans Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623). Real-time conditions are also available online and for mobile devices at quickmap.dot.ca.gov. Changeable Message Signs with flashing beacons will have information regarding the pass closures.
This is a good time to remember these tips:
• Slow down on rain or snow slick roads to prevent spin outs.
• Allow for extra travel time.
• Carry chains at all times, check tires and windshield wiper fluid.
• Visibility decreases during snow fall.
• Carry an emergency kit with extra food, water, clothing, and sleeping bag.
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Be Work Zone Alert.