01/23/2023 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 01/24/2023 11:21
After a successful debut in the U.K. on UKTV's award-winning entertainment channel, Dave, "We Are Not Alone" will exclusively premiere as a Roku Original this Friday, January 27 on The Roku Channel
· Today, Roku announced that The Roku Channel will premiere the Roku Original sci-fi comedy "We Are Not Alone" on Friday, January 27.
· Written by Laurence Rickard and Ben Willbond (co-creators and stars of "Ghosts"), this hilarious comedy is set six weeks after the Gu'un aliens have invaded and completely conquered Earth. "We Are Not Alone" explores the culture clash between humankind and its new masters, who are trying to make sense of a planet so confusing and idiotic that its inhabitants can't even agree which side of the road to drive on.
· Cast members include Declan Baxter, Joe Thomas, Vicki Pepperdine, Mike Wozniak, Georgia May Foote, Amanda Abbington, and Bruce Mackinnon.
· The film is produced by Big Talk with Kenton Allen, Victoria Grew, Matthew Justice, Ben Willbond, and Laurence Rickard serving as executive producers. BBC Studios is handling global distribution.
· The film was commissioned by UKTV and first premiered on its award-winning entertainment channel, Dave, in the U.K. on November 28, 2022. The Roku Channel will exclusively bring the sci-fi comedy to American audiences as a Roku Original.
· Please use this link for all available assets including the trailer, key art, and stills.
· Colin Davis, Head of Scripted Originals, Roku: "It has become increasingly clear that comedy has no borders, and 'We Are Not Alone' is truly out-of-this-world. We are excited to bring this hilarious show from world class creators and producers to the U.S. audiences on The Roku Channel."
· Kelly Miller, SVP, global partnerships, BBC Studios: "BBC Studios is a leader in bringing fresh scripted projects stateside to an audience hungry for our brand of British comedy. 'We Are Not Alone' is BBC Studios' first co-production deal with an AVOD and our first deal with The Roku Channel for an original series, leaning into our approach to meet customers on emerging platforms where there is a growing demand for content."
· The Roku Channel is the exclusive home of Roku Originals. From award-winning scripted entertainment and engaging documentaries to new breakout unscripted series, Roku Originals gives viewers free access to bold, fresh entertainment from the biggest names in Hollywood.
· Launched in 2017, The Roku Channel is the home of free and premium entertainment on the Roku platform. In Q4 2021, The Roku Channel reached U.S. households with an estimated 80 million people. The Roku Channel was a top 5 channel on the Roku platform in the U.S. by active account reach and streaming hour engagement in Q3 2022. Today, The Roku Channel features a diverse lineup of more than 80,000 free movies and programs and more than 350 free live linear television channels in the U.S. It licenses and distributes content from more than 250 partners. In addition to Roku devices, The Roku Channel is available on web, iOS, and Android devices, as well as Amazon Fire TV and select Samsung TVs.
· Roku is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. In the U.S. and in other countries. Trade names, trademarks and service marks of other companies appearing in this press release are the property of their respective holders.
U.S. Media Contacts