Parker Waichman LLP

02/14/2020 | News release | Distributed by Public on 02/14/2020 17:26

Biker in Critical Condition After Staten Island Crash

STATEN ISLAND, New York - A collision between a sedan and motorcycle left the motorcycle rider clinging to life. The motorcycle crash happened in the West Brighton section of Staten Island. According to a report appearing on, the investigating officers from the New York City Police Department said that both drivers of the sedan and the motorcycle rider were turning at the time the two vehicles collided. The collision left the motorcycle rider clinging to life in a Staten Island hospital. Officials have not updated the victim's information or medical status. The man driving the sedan that was involved in the crash was uninjured and refused medical attention at the scene of the crash.

A preliminary report released by the Highway Collision Investigation Squad of the NYPD shows that about 10:05 p.m. Saturday, the 30-year-old male motorcycle operator driving a white Suzuki 2014 motorcycle traveled in a southerly direction on Clove Road. The investigation preliminarily shows that the bike rider tried to make a right-hand turn onto Forest Avenue at the intersection. On the opposite side of the intersection, a 19-year-old man driving a 2005 green Ford sedan going north on Clove tried to turn left to go westerly on Forest Avenue. The two vehicles crashed near the middle of the intersection. Investigators did not say which driver had the right of way just before the collision occurred.

The motorcycle rider suffered a severe head injury, according to a spokeswoman from NYPD. EMS raced the critically injured man to Richmond University Medical Center, also located in West Brighton, for treatment of his injuries. The police did not provide an updated status on his condition.

Photos of the crash scene published by shows the motorcycle and the Ford sedan in the middle of the intersection. The pictures also show a white helmet lying in the street next to the motorbike. Officials did not say whether the helmet remained on and in-tact during the crash.