05/15/2021 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 05/15/2021 07:08
The Italian Ministry of Health Ordinances related to travel to/from abroad (GU Serie Generale n.114 del 14-05-2021) and to 'Covid-tested' flights (GU Serie Generale n.115 del 15-05-2021), effective from Sunday, May 16th, envisage the following updates as regards entering Italy from the USA:
- the United States no longer belongs to 'Group E' group of Countries, and is now part of 'Group D' which includes Countries from which entry to Italy is permitted without the need for a specific reason.
ENTRY TO ITALY FROM THE USA VIA COVID-TESTED FLIGHTS
- If entry to Italy from the USA occurs via Covid-tested flights, passengers are not required to abide by quarantine obligations;
- persons departing the USA on board of Covid-tested flights are required to hand in to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of carrying out checks, upon boarding, a certification attesting to the negative result of the molecular test (RT PCR) or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab, no later than 48 hours prior to boarding; upon arrival in Italy, passengers are required to carry out, directly at the airport, a molecular (RT PCR) or antigenic swab test;
- the international airports in the United States authorized for the Covid-tested flights to Italy are the following:Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York (John Fitzgerald Kennedy e Newark Liberty), Philadelphia, Washington DC; the international airports in Italy authorized for the Covid-tested flights from the United States are the following: Roma-Fiumicino, Milano-Malpensa, Napoli-Capodichino e Venezia-Marco Polo;
- NB: not all international direct flights between said airports are Covid-tested. Upon booking, it is important to verify that the selected flight is a Covid-tested one, as well as to check the airline's specific testing and documentation requirements.
ENTRY TO ITALY FROM THE USA VIA NON COVID-TESTED FLIGHTS
- Despite the lifting of restrictions to travel from the USA to Italy, if entry to Italy from the USA occurs via non Covid-tested flights, the following remains valid: a) the obligation to hand in to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of carrying out checks, upon boarding, a certification attesting to the negative result of a molecular test or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab, no later than 72 hours prior to entering Italy; b) the obligation to undergo fiduciary isolation and health surveillance for 10 days, and the obligation to undergo an additional molecular or antigenic swab at the end of the 10-day isolation period.
All passengers entering Italy will be required to complete the digital Passenger Locator Form (https://app.euplf.eu/), before entering the Italian territory or, alternatively, the paper self-declaration form (https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/doc/2021/04/modulo_rientro_sintetico_25_aprile_2021_eng.pdf).
For Covid-tested flights from the USA to Rome Fiumicino, we recommend checking the airport's specific Internet page with the necessary information on testing and required documentation:
For Covid-tested flights from the USA to Milan Malpensa, we recommend checking the airport's specific Internet page with the necessary information on testing and required documentation: