11/30/2023 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 11/30/2023 19:14
WHAT: Planned Road Closures for Victorville Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 2 - Various times throughout the day as detailed below
WHERE: Multiple locations as specified below
DESCRIPTION: The annual Victorville Christmas Parade is planned for Saturday, Dec. 2 at 10 a.m. City of Victorville Public Works crews will close several streets in Old Town Victorville for the parade and staging area. Road closures will begin at 5:30 a.m. on Dec. 2 and last until 1 p.m. Parade entries will begin at the corner of 7th Street and La Paz Drive and follow a two-mile route along 7th Street, Forrest Avenue, and 8th Street.
Also on Saturday, Dec. 2, the City of Victorville will host its Festival of Lights & Tree Lighting at Victorville City Hall from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Civic Drive, in front of City Hall will be closed from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. for this event.
ROAD CLOSURES FOR VICTORVILLE CHRISTMAS PARADE:
Staging area road closures: Dec. 2, 5:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- La Paz Drive between 7th Street and Lorene Drive
- Seneca Road between La Paz Drive and Rodeo Drive
- Mesa Drive between La Paz Drive and Desert Knoll Drive
- Cabrillo Drive at Mesa Drive
- Plaza Drive between 7th Street and La Paz Drive
Parade route road closures: Dec. 2, 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 7th Street between La Paz Drive and B Street
- Forrest Avenue between 7th Street and Hesperia Road
- 8th Street between Forrest Avenue and B Street
- A Street between 7th Street and Hesperia Road
ROAD CLOSURES FOR VICTORVILLE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS & TREE LIGHTING:
Event area road closures: Dec. 3, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
-Civic Drive between Ramona Avenue and West Sage
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes and to obey all posted signs and devices. Extreme caution should be used when traveling in Old Town Saturday morning and near City Hall Saturday night.
Questions can be directed to (760) 241-6365.