04/16/2021 | News release | Archived content
Parliament 1918-1920: Document of 28 April 1920 of the Ministry of Public Education and Art to Ministry of Agriculture and Labour
Pursuant to the law approved in Parliament, Armenian language courses were organized for the officials in Yerevan and Alexandropol.
According to the law of Parliament approved in November 1919, the Ministry opened Armenian language courses for the officials, first of all, in Alexandrapol, and only from this month in Yerevan.
Now, we are informed that the courses of Alexandropol have three groups. Only the first one out of them, which consists of foreigners, regularly attend: those from the other two groups attend irregularly, so that in the last two one there are 3-4, even 1 or 2, and not the same persons every day. The Ministry requests you by this to warn the officials, for whom the Ministry considers necessary the attendance to the courses, as such indifferent attitude towards their obligation can make the Ministry close the second and the third groups, by which those officials will be deprived of the opportunity of studying Armenian. And the last circumstance, of course, cannot but reflect upon the further situation of the officials knowing Armenian little.'